Celebrate Marshal Appreciation Week, May16-20, with a host of events and recognitions.
Here is the schedule of activities for theweek:
Monday, May 16
- At noon, there will be a brief ceremony on the steps of the A.D.Marshall Public Safety and Courts Building, 1000 Throckmorton St. The NorthSide High School ROTC will present the colors, and Leo Saenz of the LatinExpress Band https://www.facebook.com/Latin-Express-106031438133 will play theNational Anthem for the event.
Tuesday, May 17
- From 7:30-9 a.m., Crown Catering will sell Mexican-style breakfastfrom its food truck on 10th Street next to the A.D. Marshall Public Safety andCourts Building.
- From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Crown Catering will serve Mexican dishes, burgersand milkshakes at the same location.
- At 1 p.m. Marshal Appreciation Week will be observed at the CityCouncil Work Session in Room 2020 of City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Thursday, May 19
- From 7:30-9 a.m., Flores Home Cooking will serve Mexican-style breakfastfrom its food truck on 10th Street next to the A.D. Marshall Public Safety andCourts Building.
- From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Funky Calavera Food and Flores Home Cookingwill serve lunch. Heavens Cakes will sell homemade funnel cakes and crepes fordessert from its food truck on 10th Street next to the A.D. Marshall PublicSafety and Courts Building.
About the City Marshals Division
The Marshal Division includes threesections: the Warrant Section, the Building Security Section and Lake Patrol:
- The Warrant Division is the Municipal Court’s primary agency forapprehending fugitives from justice. In addition to fugitive apprehension, theWarrant Section is tasked with executing civil and criminal processes.
- Deputy marshals assigned to the Building Security Section protectthe Public Safety Building and City Hall by deploying the latest securitytechniques and devices to maintain security.
- The Lake Patrol Section provides a safe boating environment foreveryone using Lake Worth and is tasked with enforcing boating laws andregulations, public education and safety awareness.
Dr. Philip J. Swift serves as City Marshalfor the Fort Worth Municipal Court. “The Deputy Marshals of the Fort WorthMarshal Division represent some of the finest law enforcement officers in theState of Texas,” Swift said about his team. “Their level of professionalism isonly matched by their dedications to people and employees of Fort Worth.”
Watch a video in which Municipal Court Director WilliamRumuly sits down with City Marshal Philip Swift to chat about the Fort WorthCity Marshals Office.
June 27, 2022
Forest Park Pool Celebrates 100th Anniversary
It’s officially summer and now is a great time to soak in the history of Forest Park Pool, which turned 100 this week.
June 20, 2022
FWPD Officer Honored With Medal Of Valor
Fort Worth Police Department Officer Sergio Dominguez received the award for his actions
Stay in touch.
Real estate markets move fast, let us help you stay on top of things!